Mrs. Karthika Paul
Date of Birth:
State Council & Registration No:
WEB of science ID
B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Ph.D - Pursuing
Academic, Research and Development, Medical writing
Synthesis and in silico studies of novel anti-SARS –CoV Sulphonamides as potential inhibitors of COVID-19 protein target: SARS-CoV -2 mainprotease (Mpro). NO. PCT/IB2021/061830.
- Worked as a co-investigator on the research topic “Synthesis and characterization of indolizine derivatives from antioxidant activity” as research project from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, in the year 2015-16 with grant amount of 1.5 lakhs.
- Obtained a research grant to the UG student from RGUHS on the topic “Comparative analysis of aerial part of Abutilon Indicum with Paracetmol and Acelofenac, in the year 2018-19 with grant amount of 15,000.
- Obtained a research grant to the UG students from RGUHS on the topic “Determination of ascorbic acid in actinidia by titrimetric and RP-HPLC method” in the year 2020-2021 with grant amount 15,000.
- Obtained a research grant to the UG students from RGUHS on the topic “Extraction and quantification of minerals content in different parts of punica grantum by using UV-Spectroscopy.” in the year 2020-2021 with grant amount 15,000.
- Obtained a research grant to the UG students from RGUHS on the topic “Estimation of caffeine in commercial flavored tea by UV-Spectroscopy and RP-HPLC method” in the year 2020-2021 with grant amount 15,000.
- Shanthala H K, Jayaprakash H V, Muniganthi RadhaKrishna, Jaswanth Gowda B H, Karthika Paul, S J Shankar et.al Enhancement of Solubility And Dissolution Rate Of Acetylsalicylic Acid Via Co-Crystallization Technique: A Novel Asa-Valine Cocrystal” to International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics. Int.J Applied Pharmaceutics, 13(1):199-205 (SCOPUS) (2021).
- Karthika Paul, Jaswanth Gowda B H, Roopa V T, S J Shankar, Structural activity comparison of abutilon indicum and synthetic NSAIDs by suing spectroscopy and chromatography techniques. Materials Today: Proceedings (ELSEVIER). 2021; (Accepted).
- Jaswanth Gowda, S J Shankar, Karthika Paul, et al. Pharmaceutical cocrystals of Efavirenz: Towards the improvement of solubility, dissolution rate and stability. Materials Today: Proceedings (ELSEVIER). 2021; (In press).
- Karthika Paul, Jaswanth Gowda, S J Shankar et al., Development and validation of simplified RP-HPLC method for quantification of Darunavir in commercial tablets. Materials Today: Proceedings (ELSEVIER). 2021; (In press).
- Karthika Paul, Jaswanth Gowda, S J Shankar A simple and rapid RP-HPLC methods for Simultaneous estimation of Paracetamol and Pamabrom in combinational dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Technology. 2021; (Accepted). (SCOPUS)
- Karthika Paul*, J.S.K Nagarajan & R.S Chandan. A RP-HPLC method for the estimation of Aceclofenac in dosage form. Internal Journal Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry 1(4): 853-859. (2011)
- Karthika Paul*, J.S.K Nagarajan. Comparative pharmacokinetic studies of Cetirizine tablets in healthy human volunteers. Internal Journal Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry 1(4): 1212-1235. (2011)
- Deepraj Paul, Karthika Paul, Anuradha T.S. Evaluation of hydroalcoholic extract of aerial parts of Abutilon indicum for its analgesic and sedative property. Int. Res. J. Pharm.; 4(5):216-218. (2013)
- Basavaraju M, Karthika Paul et al. Synthesis and antioxidant activity of Indiozoline derivatives. Int. Journal of Modern pharmaceutical research.; 3(1): 44-47. (2019)
- Deepraj Paul & Karthika Paul. Liver injury and hepatocellular carcinoma: A review. Internal Journal Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry 2 (1):188-196 (2012).
- Deepraj Paul & Karthika Paul. Diabetes mellitus and its complications: A review. International Journal of current Pharmaceutical Research, 4(2):12-17 (2012)
- Deepraj Paul & Karthika Paul. Genotoxicity: A real concern of the pharmaceutical industry. World J. Pharm. & Pharm. Sci. 4(2): 1124-1153 (2015).
- Deepraj Paul & Karthika Paul. Aspergillosis: An overview. Int. J Pharm Sci Res. 9(12):5032-5049 (2018).
- Current trends in application of Nanosponges: A multifaceted drug carrier system, communicated to Nova Publishers.
- Microorganisms mediated green synthesis of metal/metal oxides nanomaterials: A special emphasis on zinc oxide nanoparticle. communicated to IGI Global book publishers.
- A practical book of pharmaceutical chemistry as per PCI- ER 2020 for first year Diploma in pharmacy ISBN 978-93-5451-231-5 first edition Nov.2021.
- Pharmaceutical cocrystals of Efavirenz: Towards the improvement of solubility, dissolution rate and stability. “International Conference on Computations in Materials and Applied Engineering”. 26-27th June 2021.
- Development and validation of simplified RP-HPLC method for quantification of Darunavir in commercial tablets. “International Conference on Futuristic Research in Engineering Smart Materials”. 23-24th April 2021.
- Effect of Lockdown on Mental health and Behavior. K. L. E. Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belagavi, India. 6th May 2020.
- Effect of Lockdown on Mental health and Behavior. Thakur Shivkumar Singh Pharmacy College, Madhya Pradesh, India. 15th May 2020.
- Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles – a review presented in 71st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress theme: Healthcare System – Role of Regulators held at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (DU), Chennai, Tamil Nadu from 20th to 22nd December 2019.
- Stability studies- an overview presented in virtual Pre-satellite workshop and two days’ National conference on Genotoxic impurities in essential medicine- impact on public health and current regulatory challenges, organized by JSS Academy of higher education and research, Mysuru and All India Council for technical education, New Delhi, on 10th to 12th Nov, 2020.
Instrument Handling Skills
- UV-Visible Spectrophotometer
- Flame photometry
- Gas Chromatography
Software Handling Skills
- Mendeley (Bibliography management)
- PCP disso 2.0 (Dissolution software)
- Design Expert (Statistical software)
- Origin Lab (Data analysis and graphing)
- Chem Draw (Chemistry structure)
- OPUS 6.5 (FT-IR software)
- Image J (Image processing software)
- Turnitin (Plagiarism checker)
- M.S. Word
- M.S. Power point
- M.S. Excel
Animal handling skills and projects
- Wound healing activity on wistar albino rats.
- Analgesic activity on mice.
- Best research paper award for Structural activity comparison of abutilon indicum and synthetic NSAIDs by using spectroscopy and chromatography techniques. Conducted by First International conference on computation in materials and applied Engineering (CMAE-2021) held during 26-27 June 2021.
- Awarded as an “InSc Young Researcher” for the year 2020.
- Working as an Editor in “International journal of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Analysis.
- Working as an Associate editor in “Medicine and Medical Sciences Research”
- Working as a Reviewer in “Biomedical and Pharmacological Journal.
- Working as a Reviewer in “Open Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research”.
- Karnataka State Pharmacy Council (Registered Pharmacist)
- Association of Pharmaceutical Teacher of India (Life Member)
- Society of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (Life Member)
- Institute of Scholars (InSc) (Life Member)
- Commonwealth Pharmacist Association (Global)
- Pursing online course in” Medical writing and Health care communication”.
- Completed a certification course on “Writing a persuasive cover letter for your manuscript”, by Research Academy, Elsevier on 25th May 2020.
- Completed a certification course on an editor’s guide to writing a review article”, by Research Academy, Elsevier on 6th June 2020
- Organized a national webinar on “Scope and importance of data integrity in good laboratory practice” on 29/05/2020.
- Organized a national webinar on “Similitude of culinary and Pharma.” on 10/08/2020
Conducted an online quiz on “Covid-19 Knowledge and awareness” on May 2020.
Seminar and Workshop attended
- Attended the AICTE sponsored Quality improvement program on “Recent Advance in Pharmaceutical Analysis” held at J.S.S College of Pharmacy,Ooty,Tamilnadu.
- Second International Conference and Indo-Canadian Satellite Symposium on Pharmaceutical Sciences, Technology, Practice and Natural Health Products. held at J.S.S College of Pharmacy,Ooty,Tamilnadu on 24-26 ,Feb 2007.
- National seminar on “Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences Practice and Education”. held at J.S.S College of Pharmacy,Ooty,Tamilnadu on 1-3 ,May 2008.
- Indo-American Pharmaceutical Regulatory Symposium at Sri Ramachandra University,Chennai, on 20-21, Nov 2010.
- Seminar on “Role of community and hospital pharmacists in emerging health sector in India” held at Vivekananda College of Pharmacy.Bangalore, on 16, June 2012.
- Attended the AICTE sponsored Faculty Development Program on “Convergence of Diverse innovations on pharmaceutical product development” held at Vivekananda College of Pharmacy.Bangalore, on 25 Mar 2013-6, Apr 2013.
- Attended three days national seminar on “A Special Emphasis on Impurity Analysis in Essential Drugs “held at J.S.S.College of Pharmacy Ooty , on 27-29, Nov 2014.
- Seminar on “Mass spectrometry and related hypernated techniques” organised by KLE College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, on 25, Nov 2015.
- Seminar on “Smileys to Scientific writing” organized by Vivekananda College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, on 27, Nov 2015.
- Work shop titled “Interpretation of Spectra- A practical approach” organised by KLE College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, on 26, Feb 2016.
- Work shop titled “Research process, Biostatistics, Communicating science, Research ethics and Grantsmanship” organized by Sri Adichunchangiri College of pharmacy Bangalore, 11-12, Nov 2016.
- Work shop titled “Principles and Applications of NMR” organized by KLE College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, on 31, Jan 2017.
- Seminar on “Drugs and cosmetics – A legal perspective” sponsored by KILPAR and jointly organized by Vivekananda College of Law and Pharmacy, Bangalore on 14th and 15th March 2018.
- Seminar on “Continuing education program for pharmacy teachers” sponsored by PCI and organized by Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore in association with the Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Peenya Branch from 6th – 8th September 2018.
- Seminar on “Continuing education for community Pharmacist” organized by Vivekananda College of Pharmacy, Bangalore on 27th October 2018.
- National seminar on “Targeted Drug Delivery –Concepts and Advances” at Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru from 3rd April 2019.
- Attended 71th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress theme: Healthcare System – Role of Regulators held at Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (DU), Chennai, Tamil Nadu from 20th to 22nd December 2019.
- Workshop on “Recent Trends in Research methodology and Grant writing “sponsored by UDEHP K.L.E college of Pharmacy, Bengaluru from 14th and 15th Feb 2020.
- Attended a webinar on ‘Oral and Hygiene in times of Covid-19’ hosted by KRPA & partner organization on 24th April 2020.
- Attended a webinar on ‘Best community pharmacy practice during Covid-19 hosted by Group Pharmaceuticals on 28th April 2020
- International web conference on ‘Challenges and Opportunities for pharmacist in the Epidemic Covid-19 from 2nd & 3rd May 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on ‘Caring for the Elderly with Dementia during Covid-19 Pandemic, organized by Alzheimer’s & related disorder society of India’ Mysuru chapter on 4th and 5th May 2020.
- Attended a webinar on ‘Importance of Knowledge updation for Community and Hospital Pharmacists’ hosted by Karnataka State Pharmacy Council on 8th May 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on ‘Immunity booster in infectious diseases’ organized by SGMSPM’s Sharadchandra Pawar College of pharmacy on 11th May 2020.
- Participated in two days online National conference on ‘India’s Dominance in Health challenges emerging health challenges through discovery of therapeutic armamentarium’ organized by Sandip University, School of Pharmaceutical sciences, Nashik held on 15th & 16th May 2020.
- Attended a CPE webinar on “Understanding Practice School and its Concepts in UG pharmacy education” organized by Pharmacy council of India; New Delhi, in association with RGUHS, Bangalore and J S S academy of Higher education Mysore on 23rd May 2020.
- Webinar on “Animal welfare, Ethics and Experimentation” organized by Sarada villas college of pharmacy, Mysore on 28th May 2020.
- Attended a National webinar on “Orientation in Education methodology for professional educator” organized by Nitte college of Pharmaceutical sciences, Bangalore and RGUHS, on 3rd June 2020.
- Attended a webinar on “Eye care during covid-19 era” organized by Chameli Devi Institution of Pharmacy, Indore, on 4th June 2020.
- Attended International webinar entitled “Drug Discovery-New lead from old drugs, organized by Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ramaiah University of Applied sciences, Bengaluru, on 6th June 2020.
- Attended a workshop on Regulated Bioanalysis workshop: Requirement and Expectations, organized by USFDA administration, on 30th June 2020.
- Attended a International webinar on “Quality Innovation and Pharmacists” hosted by KRPA, on 31 July 2020.
- Attended a virtual Pre-satellite workshop and two days’ National conference on Genotoxic impurities in essential medicine- impact on public health and current regulatory challenges, organized by JSS Academy of higher education and research, Mysuru and All India Council for technical education, New Delhi, on 10-12th Nov, 2020.
- Online quiz conducted on Covid-19: Knowledge & Prevention by CMR College of Pharmacy, Medchal, Hyderabad on May 2020.
- Online quiz on ‘Herbal.drug techonolgy’ by Kamal Nehru College of Pharmacy, Nagpur in May 2020.
- Participated in quiz conducted by Gulf Medical University on ‘Defeat Covid-19’ on May 2020.
- Online quiz on ‘National Awareness on Corona Pandemic’ organized by College of pharmaceutical sciences, Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru on May 2020.