The Department of Pharmaceutics has a tradition of innovation and a commitment to improve the health via advanced research. Faculty members of VCP contribute significantly to enrich the knowledge of drug action and its delivery system.
Our program focuses on expanding the scientific avenues by improving the delivery of drugs and therapeutic agents.
- To nurture and promote quality and excellence in pharmaceutical education and research.
- To train students about various manufacturing techniques for solid, semisolid and liquid dosage form as per GMP standards.
- To develop a multi-disciplinary approach in carrying out research and training of pharmaceutical manpower aimed at addressing the needs of the pharmaceutical industry.
- To actively pursue extramural funding to help in the advancement of pharmaceutical research and education.
- To provide services to the industry and the community by participating in sponsored research projects or development of new technologies.