It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at Vivekananda College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru. In the realm of pharmaceutical chemistry, our department is dedicated to excellence in education, development, and innovation. Pharmaceutical Chemistry is an important subject in providing a foundation for future medicinal chemists to comprehend the link between molecular structure and drug action. The knowledge and skills acquired by students from this department will help them in the synthesis, purification, and characterization of new chemical substances of medicinal importance. Students in the master’s degree program are taught to work independently and will be exposed to research projects under the guidance of experienced faculty. The department is actively involved in research and has published its findings in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. B. Nandha
Date of Birth:
Professor & Head
State Council & Registration No:
WEB of science ID
B.Pharm, M.Pharm, Ph.D.,
Awards and Recognition:
Best teacher award for the year 2009-10 by Vivekananda College of Pharmacy, Benagaluru.
Tuberculosis and Anti-cancer research
M. Pharm projects guided:
- Kuntal H, Nargund LVG, Rashmi P, Narendra Sharath Chandra JN, Nandha B, Harish MS. Synthesis and comparative study of anti-mycobacterium activity of a novel series of fluoronitrobenzothiazolopyrazoline regioisomers. Arch Pharm Chem Life Sci. 2012; 345:137-146.
- Kuntal H, Nargund LVG, Rashmi P, Narendra Sharath Chandra JN, Nandha B. Synthesis of some novel 2H-[1,3,5]thiadiazino[4,3-b][1,3]benzothizole-3,3-dioxide by [4+2] Diels-Alder cycloaddition reaction as antioxidant agents. J Pharm Res. 2012; 4(5):1378-1380.
- Kuntal H, Nargund LVG, Rashmi P, Narendra Sharath Chandra JN, Nandha B. Synthesis and antioxidant activity of some novel fluorobenzothiazolopyrazoline. Der Chemica Sinica. 2012; 2(2):149-157.
- Nandha B, Kuntal H, Narendra Sharath Chandra JN, Nargund LVG, Rashmi P, Harish MS, Puranik DS. Synthesis of some new substituted fluorobenzimidazoles and their antimicrobial screening. Der Pharma Chemica. 2013; 5(1):287-295.
- Nandha B, Nargund LVG, Nargund SL. Design and synthesis of some new imidazole and 1,2,4-triazole substituted fluorobenzimidazoles for antitubercular and antifungal activity. Der Pharma Chemica. 2013; 5(6):317-327.
- Nandha B, Nargund LVG, Nargund SL, Kuntal H. Design and synthesis of imidazolylmethyl substituted fluorobenzimidazoles for antitubercular and antifungal activity. J Chem Pharm Res. 2014; 6(1):530-539.
- Nandha B, Nargund SL, Nargund LVG, Bhat KG. Design and synthesis of some novel fluorobenzimidazoles substituted with structural motifs present in physiologically active natural products for antitubercular activity. Iran J Pharm Res. 2017; 16(3):929-942.
- Nandha B, Sureshbabu AR, Kuntal H. Synthesis of Substituted Fluorobenzimidazoles as Inhibitors of 5-Lipoxygenase and Soluble epoxide hydrolase for Anti-inflammatory Activity. Arch Pharm Chem Life Sci. 2018; 351(6):ARDP201800030.
- Kuntal H, Nandha B. Synthesis of benzothiazolopyrazoloisonicotinohydrazide derivatives and their nitro regioisomers for antitubercular activity. Indian J Chem. 2020; 59B:1388-1399.